When someone you know and respect recommends a product or service, that makes a huge difference in your opinion of that product or service. The good news is you don’t have to be a blockbuster movie to utilize the power of product placement. And you don’t have to hire a Kardashian to gain the benefits of influencer marketing.
In Episode #33, Phillip and Bryan talk with Stacy Jones about the power and accessibility of influencer marketing and product placement. You don’t have to be a multi-national corporation to do these things. Stacy talks about starting her business and learning some hard lessons along the way that you can definitely benefit from in your business.
Stacey Jones is the CEO of Hollywood Branded, a Los Angeles-based marketing, branded content, and product placement agency. She has 23 years of leadership experience building global branded content campaigns for top fortune 500 companies, utilizing hundreds of brands including Blackberry, Bumble, Canadian Club, and Pilot Pen.
An acknowledged expert in the field, Stacy has appeared on top media outlets and spoken at conferences around the globe. She also hosts the podcast, “Marketing Mistakes and How to Avoid Them.”
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- How to transition from understanding a business to owning a businesses
- Advice on hiring (or not hiring) friends
- How to manage a business breakup
- The importance of a robust sales system and pipeline to fuel ongoing growth
- Basics of influencer marketing
- Finding the right brand/product placement fit
- The power of nano and micro influencers