Some people dream of a life that is a constant vacation on a beach. That is their travel dream. Others want to wander the globe trying to make connections and build understanding between themselves and the people they meet along the way.
Our guest on the podcast in our most recent episode is all about the latter approach. She has become a life lesson in following the Uncommon Path. She understood her ‘why,’ designed a plan, and made it all happen. It is a spectacular story that exemplifies how we try to guide all of our clients: follow your passion, find ways to monetize it, and live your dream.
Samantha Burmeister is the woman behind 9 to 5 Nomad, a resource for people looking to make the transition from location-based work to world travel. She has been an avid traveler since high school, catching the travel bug from her grandparents.
She found every study abroad opportunity possible in college. To pay off loans and start her next adventure as soon as possible, she did join the regular 9-5 life for a while. She took the plunge into full-time travel this past year and is not looking back.
Nomad Courses: https://9to5nomad.teachable.com/
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- How to pay attention to your passion, and plan your life around that
- Understanding your priorities so you can make better decisions in life
- How to monetize a passion for travel
- The art and brass tacks of traveling solo
- Why living your dream might cost less than the way you are living right now
- How to listen to your friends when they call you out for making excuses
- The phases you need to go through with your finances to follow your Uncommon Path
- What it means to live as a nomad/expatriate/slow traveler
- How to be a financially savvy traveler