Women entrepreneurs are faced with particular challenges. You are often raising families, and can sometimes feel a certain stigma for wanting something beyond that. But if you’ve got God-given talents and interests, why not use them?
Our guest for this episode, Lauren Thomas, was just looking for something fulfilling to do as her kids grew up and she entered a new stage of life. She thought selling bracelets online might be a fun outlet for her creativity. Well, the public responded in a big way, much bigger than she was expecting. How is she managing the business? What is new in marketing through Instagram? We dig into all that and more.
Lauren grew up in Colorado and now lives in Iowa with her husband and four daughters. She recently founded Heart On Your Sleeve, a company that sells personalized bracelets, and has found a passionate and growing audience.
See the latest from Heart on Your Sleeve at https://www.instagram.com/heart.on.your.sleeve/.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- The power of a simple idea
- The power of a supportive spouse
- The telltale signs that you are a business owner
- As a woman, embracing an interest beyond raising kids
- The pivotal role a mentor can have
- Growing not just a following but a business on Instagram
- Why friends and family may not be your best starting point for a customer base
- Living your faith in your business
- The unexpected ways your work can touch your customers