We talk a lot about loving what you do—finding your passion and building a life around it.
Our guest on this episode embodies that philosophy in so many ways. Jody Steinhauer is a business owner who has built charitable giving right into her business model, and is helping other companies do the same. This is a wide-ranging conversation about her business experience and how she has built a life she can be proud of and grateful for.
As President and CBO (Chief Bargain Officer) of the Bargains Group, Jody Steinhauer uses her network of resources and leveraged buying power to aid every company and not-for-profit agency that she touches to maximize their buying dollar. Since 1988, Jody has grown Bargains Group from her apartment to a multi-million-dollar-a-year business.
Pioneering her belief of “giving back makes good business sense”, Jody is a tireless not-for-profit advocate, and the founder of the national charity, Engage and Change, and its two annual initiatives, Project Winter Survival and Project Water. Jody’s business has expanded to include a social enterprise wing: Kits for a Cause. With a focus on social impact, Jody has built a model for companies to support their local community.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- How to move on with confidence from a toxic work environment
- How to build giving back into your business model
- Why a pivot in your business can be the best move you can make
- Why you need to measure success by your standards, not someone else’s
- anaging your schedule, being where you need to be, and letting go of the myth of “balance”
- What it means to “broker” goodness
- How to find a cause your whole team can get behind