Getting through college without crushing debt may seem like an insurmountable task. But it does not have to be. What if you encouraged your child to spend their time applying for scholarships instead of mowing lawns, working at a fast-food joint, or babysitting? The payoff could be 10 fold or even more.
But how would that work? That’s what our guest, Jocelyn Pearson, is going to tell you. It’s pretty amazing. Instead of a summer job earning maybe $4,000 if they are lucky, imagine your kids spending that time learning life skills and getting through college debt-free, basically earning exponentially more per hour for their efforts. It is not impossible, and it’s got nothing to do with test scores.
Our guest, Jocelyn Pearson founded The Scholarship System to share her own experience of graduating from college debt-free. When college looked unaffordable for her, she sprang into action and secured over $126,000 in college scholarships, even receiving an overage check each semester for her expenses. It wasn’t an easy process. It took her years to figure out exactly what to do to be selected for these scholarships. Now, she helps families learn how they can do this themselves. By teaching her six-step system, she has helped families secure multiple millions in scholarships and it just keeps growing.
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- How to get through college without debt
- Understanding the two sides of a debt-free degree
- Why having a system is so important for avoiding college debt
- How your kids can get debt-free education without sacrificing your financial future
- The “4 Cs” to a debt-free degree
- Why finding scholarships is just one piece of a debt-free degree strategy
- How to think differently about earning for college
- Common myths about who can qualify for scholarships
- How to keep up the scholarship application process through college