Growing old and needing more care as we grow older – it’s just part of the circle of life. And before it happens to us, we all will likely help at least one loved one through the process. How do you plan for and help loved ones best plan for aging? What resources are needed to pay for an assisted living and nursing care facility?
These are BIG questions, and having someone who knows how to navigate them is hugely important.
We have that someone. On episode 29 of the Uncommon Life Project podcast, we speak with Evan Jackson. Evan is a person with the tools you definitely will need at some point in your life. Understanding how to plan for nursing home or assisted living facilities may not be top of mind, but you should definitely take time to understand and plan for it.
Evan is a Certified Medicaid Planner and a Licensed Health and Life Insurance Agent. He’s an Iowa native from Rockwell City. He received his Bachelor’s degree from Simpson College. While pursuing his Doctorate, Evan began building Iowa Senior Planning with its founder, Landon Sandberg.
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- Rules for Medicaid eligibility
- Setting up an Irrevocable Trust
- Understanding the financial dos and don’ts when it comes to Medicaid
- Life insurance and annuity options that protect assets
- Whether or not to purchase long-term care insurance
- The average cost of assisted living and nursing home care
- What assets are exempt from consideration when applying for Medicaid