Working for someone else, you might ask the question: Is my hard work paying off? The Uncommon Path often involves business ownership in one form or another. We see it over and over again that when you own a business, your hard work is rewarded. There will be ups and downs for sure, but the rewards outweigh the challenges.
In this episode, we are exploring what it takes to buy and sell a business. How do you know—whatever side of the transaction you are on—whether you are getting your money’s worth?
That’s why we wanted to explore different ways of valuation of a company, and also different ways for a buyer to purchase a company. Should you just buy the business with 100% cash? Should you opt for seller financing, or something in between.
We love helping people find the right answers for them, and if you are looking to buy or sell a business, that’s what we want to do for you in this episode.
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- Why 2020 might be a great time to buy a business
- Why there are multiple ways to value a business
- How funding a business is like a teeter-totter
- The advantages and restrictions on rolling an IRA into your business 401(k)
- Learning the “net take” method of business valuation
- Why a business seller might not want to take a lump-sum payment for the business
- The double-edged sword as a business owner of protecting your money from taxation and valuation when you go to sell
- Understanding the percentage of revenue model of business valuation
- What types of businesses are the best fit for different valuation methods