You’ve planned for retirement in a general way. You have some money stashed away in IRAs and other accounts. Now you can just coast into retirement and forget about money, right? Nope, that’s not how retirement works for most of us. But the important thing is that you do have options.
In this episode, we want to help you explore your options. There are many different approaches to take as you head into and plan for retirement–or as we like to call it “time freedom” mode.
Don’t get pushed into a path you are not comfortable with, because when it comes to retirement income one size definitely does not fit all. Some people want a lot of guarantees, some people are okay with risks. In this episode, we want to educate you about your choices. If you are getting ready to “clock out” of the regular work schedule you’ve been on before retirement, we want you to know what your options are so you can make the best choices possible.
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- Why Retirement Income is not one-size-fits-all
- Understanding guaranteed and non-guaranteed income
- How to define financial freedom for yourself and build a plan that works for you
- The options you have for retirement income
- What to expect from pensions and social security income
- How to make sure you have enough liquid assets to manage during retirement