A big part of what makes us uncommon as wealth advisors is our focus on putting your money to work for you before age 65, not after. You’ve got big dreams for the here and now. And here’s the thing: YOU are your greatest asset. We think that investing right now in you and your dreams is the way to gain dividends now and into your bright future.
In Episode #31 of the Uncommon Life Project podcast, Bryan and Phillip discuss the two types of money: now money and later money. How do you look at your dreams for the present without stealing from retirement? There are so many ways to grow your wealth besides a 401(k) or IRA. There are strategies that help you grow your money so it is not all stockpiled into that bucket you can only access later.
It’s good to delay gratification, so this is not about having access to your money so you can throw it away. It’s about investing in things that make sense now and in the future. It’s about NOT delaying the things you are most passionate about. It’s about growing your now money so you can design the life you want for now and into the future.
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- How to create time and money freedom in your life before age 65
- Why an employer match contribution is no reason to stay in a job you don’t love
- How to create the equivalent of an employer match by the way you invest
- Why, “When do you want to retire?” is not the best question to ask
- How to invest in your greatest asset: YOU
- Why interest rate is not the only consideration when looking at savings instruments vs. debt instruments
- How to design your life with time and financial freedom
- Why the stock market should not be held up as an example of compound interest