It is an ongoing theme in our work; we love what we do and we want to help others find what they love to do and create a sustainable life from doing just that.
That’s why we were so glad to get a chance to interview our podcast guest Brie King. It wasn’t long ago that Brie was living through some challenging times as her marriage ended. But that was far from the end of her story. After realizing she had an interest in real estate, she decided to take the plunge and use her newly purchased property to become an Airbnb super host.
We say it all the time: when you’re doing what you love, you will never want to quit. That’s why we love hearing about people who are upending the standard “retirement” equation, not waiting for that end of the rainbow moment, but going out and living their dreams today. That’s Brie’s story, and we’re eager to share it.
Brie worked in corporate health healthcare for six years. She’s a proud mom who owns and operates 3 cottages through Airbnb, and is in the beginning stages of a canoe and kayak rental service called Elk River Outfitters, along with her existing marketing company, Elk River Media in Fayetteville, Tennessee.
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- How to find opportunity in challenges
- How to leverage things you already do and enjoy and create income from them
- Ways to peel back the “entrepreneurial onion”
- Moving from a retirement mindset to building time freedom, by loving what you do so much you never want to quit
- Turning travel into R&D for your Airbnb
- How to create opportunities for your kids to explore the uncommon life