There is a lot that happens between following your dreams and living your dreams. It is rarely a straight path, and there will always be challenges along the way.
That’s why we are so glad to share our conversation with Antoine L. Smith in this episode, who talks with us about overcoming adversity and finding the never-ever straight path to success in his field. We’ll ask some big questions, like: How do you do what you love, earn a living, and stay true to yourself? We talk about the big mentors in his life, and how he went from culinary school graduation to performing as Big Bird. There’s a lot to explore here!
Having performed in Broadway shows from Cats to The Color Purple, Antoine L. Smith is just getting started. Antoine went to high school with Phillip, where they performed on the same (championship!!) dance team. Antoine then followed his dream of making it on Broadway. He lives in New York City and is an Emmy award-winning Broadway, television, and voiceover actor.
Find him on Instagram: @antoinelsmith32
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- How to draw strength during times of adversity
- Staying true to yourself and your ideals while making money doing what you love
- The real cost of doing business in creative work like theater
- Bringing the same energy to a task day after day
- How to keep going after you’ve made a mistake
- Ways of building residual income in creative work
- Aligning residual income with your gifts
- The importance of just being good to people
- The crucial role of mentorship: being a mentor and paying attention to those who mentor you